Monday, May 11, 2009

Midweek Mayhem

Well this week after getting fitted on my bikes I decided to attend a road racing clinic so that I could possibly do some road races next year. I don't really have a racing road bike right now...I have a modified cyclocross bike...so wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep up on the road races.

The road racing clinic was pretty interesting and I learned a lot from it. The information provided was group riding tips, strategies and techniques. I met some really cool people and after the clinic I was really looking forward to participating in the Tuesday night crits.
All of a sudden road racing didn't seem so intimidating anymore.

It was supposed to be a 2 day event with the next day being a lead up into the first crit race of the season...unfortunately it got cancelled because of heavy rain and construction on the course.

I still highly suggest that anyone with a road bike or 'cross bike with skinnies comes out the clinics. It really does help ease you into the discipline and take away a lot of the intimidation.

No comments:

Post a Comment