Saturday, August 22, 2009

Speed Theory Jason Lapierre Memorial Stage Race

This is a race that a lot of people were waiting for.

2 day-3 event stage race, new pavement, no cars and a chance for an interesting series of races using the new ring road overpasses. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity not to be missed.

The 3 events were:

40 km individual time trial (ITT)
Criterium (Crit)
Road Race (RR)

For me there was a little more to it. Cyrus told me he was considering coming down for the race. As soon as he confirmed he was coming down...I signed up for 2 of the races (crit and road race). It's been over a year since I last saw him and I was stoked to finally watch him race.

The week leading up was pretty crappy...but it looked like summer was finally going to arrive in Calgary, just in time for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment