Tuesday, October 27, 2009

CX Racing Weekend Part 3

It's still October? I can't believe this will be my third set of races in the same month.

Andrew kinda twisted my arm into going up to Devon and Edmonton on the weekend to race another series of double-headers. These would be my 6th and 7th cross races.

I really haven't trained as hard as I thought I would because of time constraints lately but managed to get in the last Midweek Mayhem race and a few session on the turbo trainer.

Taking a look at the weather reports, it looked like it was going to rain a little going into the weekend which meant in would probably be a little muddy in Devon. Learning from my experience at the Oval race, I decided to run a set of mud tires for the weekend and set the tire pressure down to just under minimum recommended pressure.

The first race was going to be the Dairy Queen Double Dipper in Devon. I read the technical guide and really wanted to do this race because they had "2 new obstacles never before seen in a 'cross race" and that of course piqued my interest.

The second race was the Pedalhead Roadworks Super Prestige in Edmonton and promised to be a really fast course no matter what the weather conditions.

Andrew and I booked a hotel in Leduc and drove up right after work on Friday night for yet another weekend of CX fun (or pain).

No comments:

Post a Comment